Pupil Premium Info
Pupil Premium Strategy 2020 / 2021
Our allocation of Pupil Premium (P.P) funding for 2020 / 2021 is £40,000.
Not every child is in receipt of Pupil Premium has social issues - and not every child with social issues receives Pupil Premium.
This coming year, the P.P funding will be used to source the following:
- Literacy and Maths intervention in upper KS2.
- Yoga / mental well-being for all pupils across school. Reception - Year 6.
- Continuation of Sign Language lessons across school for all pupils Nursery - Year 6.
- Rainbows group (Nurtue) to continue for 3rd year.
- To fund residential visits for Year 6 pupils in receipt of P.P.(subject to Covid-19 restrictions being lifted)
- Extra T.A for Year 2 (2020 - 2021) to support pupils in need.
- Peripatetic music lessons for KS2
Catch up funding: It was announced that extra funding would be allocated to every school to enable schools to plug any gaps created by children missing out on education due to lockdown in 2020.
School intends to utilise some of this when we know what the gaps are and who is affected. We will therefore be in a position to know how to use this more wisely and specifically in the later stages of the Autumn term.
However, in September 2020 we have already employed an extra teacher for one day a week to release senior staff who plan and facilitate booster work for KS1 pupils.
School is also spending heavily on ICT equipment and staff training in order for virtual learning to be increased and improved, so that in the event of another lockdown or families having to isolate for periods of time, we are able to utilise Google Classroom (as this was set up using the £1,500 from the government).
Our Pupil Premium allocation for 2019 / 2020 is again £33,000.
Not every child in receipt of Pupil Premium experiences social issues, and not every child with social issues is in receipt of Pupil Premium.
This year, the Pupil Premium will be used to fund the following initiatives:
- Release time / training staff in new spelling programme and purchase of new spelling programme.
- Reading and maths intervention groups across Key Stage 1 and 2 as needed. (T.A. support).
- Continue to develop all pupils from Nursery to Year 6 communication skills through British Sign Language (funded 1 day per week throughout the year).