Sports funding for 2019 / 2020
School is in receipt of £8,160 of Sports Funding between September 2018 and September 2019.
This year, the funding has been / will be used as follows:
- To part-fund a Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA) outside to ensure high quality outdoor P.E lessons and clubs can take place all year.
- Maintain KWIK CRICKET for pupils for the 4th year on Fridays.
- TLR for a member of staff to co-ordinate P.E activities and focus the school on receiving at least the Bronze Standard in the P.E mark award scheme.
The impact can be seen through a variety of ways. The P.E co-ordinator sends out a termly P.E letter (which can be found in the 'Parents Letters' section of the website).
All of the above will be sustainable for the next few years.
Currently, 80% of our Year 6 pupils can swim 25m or more. Swimming takes place for Year 5 and Year 6 during the Summer Term.
Sports funding for 2016/2017/2018
As part of our on-going playground refurbishment, it was agreed (after consultation with pupils and Governors) that the sports funding this year would contribute to the cost of the new fitness trail and safety surface on the playground (total cost £14,500).
This has taken up the majority of the £8k budget for 2 years.
Other initiatives include...
- Funding of "Kwik Cricket" across school on Fridays
- Introduction of balance bikes for Reception class, to improve gross motor skills.
- Funding of a bike and scooter shelter so pupils are encouraged to use these to come to school on.
- Develop wider links with schools in our locality, so pupils have the opportunity to take part in more inter-school competitions.
- A TLR 3 was awarded to a member of staff in 2016/17 to oversee all of the above.
Effect of Sports Premium
The impact of all recent spending is:
- All pupils take much more physical activity than they did 6 years ago.
- School is performing better in sports competitions.
- Children are eager to use equipment outside, so they do go outside!
- 1k every day is embedded across school
Kwik Cricket Club.
Run by Prakash Patel from Staffordshire Cricket.